Snicker's Cheesecake

For Father's Day I made a Snickers Cheesecake and it was a big hit. I was a bit nervous of how it would turn out since it was basically a full on experiment that took place at 9 o'clock at night. For one of my little late night experiments, it wasn't half bad, actually, it was pretty amazing.



What You Need:
- 26 Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 32 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream (plus 1/2 a cup)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz. white chocolate
- 5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (plus 4 oz.)
- 18 mini Snickers bars, finely chopped (plus about 10 for garnishing)

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and prep your 10" spring form pan and place it on a baking sheet. Process your sandwich cookies through your food processor, or place them in a zip lock bag and pound them out with your rolling pin (this method is very therapeutic for your nerves.) Add the melted butter to your processed cookies and make sure your crumbs are coated. Press coated crumbs into the bottom of your spring form pan. Bake your crust for 10-12 minutes or until crumbs are set. I took this time to pre-prep my mini Snickers bars.



In a double broiler, melt your white and semi-sweet chocolate. Remove from heat and let cool, but not harden. While I'm waiting for the melting to occur I placed my 4 packages of softened cream cheese into my mixer with the sugar and beat it until it's fluffy. Add in your eggs, one at a time and then add in your heavy cream and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and mix until incorporated.



Set your mixer to low and gradually mix in your melted chocolate. Once that's completely incorporated, remove your bowl from the stand and fold in your chopped Snickers bars.



Add your filling to your crust and bake for about 60-70 minutes. When I see there's only about 15 minutes left for my cheesecake to be popped out of the oven, I heat my 1/2 cup of heavy cream on the stove to a boil, remove it from heat and add in 4 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate and stir until completely melted. Once my cheesecake cooled, I poured on the yummy chocolate ganache and topped it with more chopped Snickers bar. I had to make mine two days early so it stayed all wrapped up until Sunday but it was still incredible! Light, chocolately and delicious!



What goodies did you make for Father's Day?

No comments