Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dr. Scholl's® For Her High Heel Insoles

I'm not an insoles girl. I've never used them and after testing these out, I have no urge to ever try them again (maybe when I'm sixty I will change my mind.) I'm not some insoles snob and I don't look down upon Dr. Scholl's, it's just something I've had little need for.

Dr. Scholl's® For Her High Heel Insoles are clinically proven to help prevent foot pain caused by wearing high heels 2" or higher. They offer immediate, long-lasting comfort and an ultra-soft gel arch to shift pressure off the ball of your foot. They're proven to improve the way you feel in heels!" I'd first like to say that I got more use out of using them as a slap-fight weapon than I did once I put them in my shoes. This product is supposed to stay firmly in place thanks to the adhesive backing. Frankly there wasn't much adhering going on. There's 2 year old bubble gum under a desk somewhere that has more stick factor than these guys do. I reluctantly stuck (I use this term loosely) these inserts into my FAVORITE heels. A pair of heels I have worn regularly, with no complaints. Within 5 minutes I was ready to introduce the "Dr. Scholl's For Her High Heel Insoles" to the nearest trash receptacle. They made my wonderful heels absolutely unbearable to wear. I was sliding around in my shoes and the "ultra-soft gel arch" felt more like a soft ball pressing into the arch of my foot. They far from improved the way I felt in heels. This product retails for $10.99...that's basically what you pay for Netflix, Ipsy, Spotify, or about 100 other things that are actually useful and don't cause you pain. If I wanted to wear high heels and cry I'd dress up and rent An Affair to Remember.

There is a possibility that my bad experience was a fluke, but I definitely was not pleased with this product. For the record I wear a ladies 7 shoe, my foot is narrow, and I've never experienced any foot related weirdness (if we want to get super technical.) I'm no expert on feet but I know if something designed to make the shoe wearing experience more pleasurable causes you pain, it's probably not for you.

I hope some of you out there love this product and had much better experiences than I did!

Product received complimentary from Influenster

4 comments:

  1. I've had the same exact experience in both types of insoles I've tried recently. I'm glad I'm not the only one. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried it was just me! I couldn't believe how uncomfortable they were :(

      Delete
  2. Girl, you aren't alone! They hurt my feet so bad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks :( I feel like there should be a disclaimer "may cause severe pain in some cases."

      Delete