Monday, January 7, 2013

Nutrisystem | 1 Month Review

My first month on Nutrisystem is almost over and it's been an interesting month, to say the least. My first week on Nutrisystem went exactly how I expected it to. It was new, it was exciting, I was completely devoted (that's how I am with everything.) By the third week the novelty had started to fade and I caught myself slipping. I lost weight, I got bored, I GOT COMFORTABLE. I let myself believe it was okay to indulge and I took indulgence too far. Thankfully Meredith Bandy was kind enough to remind me that "it's a journey, not a race." At that moment it was exactly what I needed to hear. This program is developed so you don't have to do all the work. There's no counting, there is no weighing, this is supposed to be easier than anything else. I reminded myself that following the program is easier than thinking about what crap food I could get into. (Disclaimer: While trying to lose weight, or maintain your weight, avoid Instagram. Your friends are evil, evil people.)

Between December 6th and December 22nd I lost 6lbs. My BMI went from 24.2 to 23.2. That's following the program (and not following the program) and doing very little exercise. I know I could have done so much better. (I also credit the holidays for lowering my control. It's very hard to say no to my grandma's pralines...VERY HARD.) I know excuses don't change anything, but I'm sticking with it!

In the beginning I raved about how simple this program is, and I still feel exactly the same way. It's an incredible program. There's so much support and information available to you. You can find people just like you all over social media who are on their own Nutrisystem journey. I've seen people from Instagram to Twitter and they aren't celebrities, they aren't pro-atheletes, they are just people like you and me. They don't have personal trainers and they aren't undergoing major surgery. They are losing the pounds with the help of this program.

The Food: It's easy to think that this is all packaged food, it's all going to be lifeless and tasteless. I have to say that this isn't entirely true. The Nutrisystem Cinnamon Bun has to be one of the best Cinnamon Buns I've had in a long time. At the same time, I have to say the Cajun-Style Chicken & Sausage is one of the worst things I've ever tasted. I'm probably biased being from Louisiana but there are just certain expectations one has when you put the word "cajun" in the title. It was just way off. I'm sure if you don't live in the land of cajun cuisine this could be a great dish for you, but it was far off for me. Another favorite of mine was the coffee protein shake! It really does taste like frothy, coffee goodness! <>Dessert: My general conclusion on the dessert is, is that you CAN'T MESS UP DESSERT. I don't think there was one dessert that I didn't enjoy...go figure.

Let Nutrisystem help you meet those New Years Resolutions you made!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! That is awesome! I'm on my own little journey myself, but the holidays totally screwed with me.

    Hope you have continued success!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holidays are so evil. I wish I had more self control lol!

      Delete