Friday, November 30, 2012

Dino Lingo


(Photo © Dino Lingo)

Dino Lingo is a language learning program for kids. When I first saw this pop up as a task that I qualified for I was a little bummed. I'm not a parent and I'm over the age of 4 so this didn't seem like a big score to me. I do, however, spend a lot of time with nieces, nephews, and local children (when their parents need a break or a babysitter) so I decided to give it a shot. I pictured something along the lines of Dora the Explorer. I have nothing against Dora, but I really enjoyed these videos. I may or may not have watched 5.

The first video I watched was Dino Lingo Italian. I think Italian is a beautiful language but I picture it to be a tricky language for 2 to 7 year old to pick up. I can't think of any kid who wants to sit down for an extended period of time if they think they are JUST learning. The videos, themselves, are bright and fun. Kids aren't going to even realize that they are watching an educational film. The videos are also very easy to follow along with (though I do think the sample clips could have benefit from subtitles.) Coupled with the entire program, which includes flash cards and multiple DVDs, I believe this program could have children AND adults easily learning languages in no time.

I really enjoyed watching these and I think you and your children will both enjoy them! Ciao for now!

(This clip was viewed complimentarily through Influenster)

No comments:

Post a Comment